Monday, November 21, 2011

A First Kiss?

by moonlight requiem

I remember my first kiss .

It was clumsy and awkward, but we were both 13 and this was sort of our first time doing anything of the sort. At 13, I was geeky and short but somehow, this guy actually liked me. He was my cousin's best friend, could play the guitar and quote Star Wars. Oh yeah, that was the kind of guy I liked.

My first kiss was in a stairwell. Our classrooms were along a long corridor on the ground floor of the school, and there were staircases at either end for students to access the upper floors, faster. They were somewhat deserted, people usually preferred using the main staircase. I remember asking him to walk me to the science lab and as soon as we got to a somewhat quiet area, I took a step towards him.

There was nervousness, hesitation. I'd read a lot of romance novels by this point in my life, and I wondered if I would see fireworks, or hear bells ringing, or something like that. But I moved in, and so did he and we kissed. My teeth bumped against his, and his lips nicked my lower lip a little but I felt him smile into the kiss. We pulled away after that, it wasn't anything more than a peck. He held my hand and we walked upstairs.

That's my first kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment